Damages: At the beginning of every move, the crew will do a walk-through with you, the client, and advise you of any damage that is present on items being moved. If the client chooses not to have items wrapped or protected, there
will be a release of liability waiver form to sign. At that point, EZ Moving, LLC WILL NOT be held liable/cover/reimburse you for any damages incurred because of refusal to use protective gear on belongings. Our movers will be as careful as possible, but from time-to-time accidents happen. If damage does occur, please notify your movers or the office immediately. No damage claims will be honored unless charges on invoice is paid in full.
Fixed/mobile storage units/rental trucks: We are only responsible for items in our immediate care and control. Once we leave the unit/rental truck we are no longer responsible.
• Factors contributing to this release:
• Size of the unit and physical condition
• availability of supplied furniture blankets by client
• Our absence from the unit as items could have been rearranged, added to or removed from the unit.
Loading units: Once items enter the unit and the doors are closed, our responsibility ends. Please inspect each piece as it enters your unit. Damage that occurs during the loading process must be reported immediately.
Unload Units: As we bring items out of your unit, any damage will be considered preexisting unless it was reported during the loading phase of your services, assuming we performed the service.
Pressed wood/pressboard: Any furniture made out of this material will have little to no value as far as liability to EZ Moving LLC
Released Valuation Coverage: This is a Federally mandated coverage of $0.60 per pound damage payout. This is not value-based and has many exclusions.
What is not covered & why:
• Any items packed by the client and not by EZ Moving LLC. Why: We cannot be sure if the box, crate, bin, etc. was packed correctly. Also, the structure of used boxes, crates, or bins may not be adequate to prevent damage.
• Any furniture items not protected with furniture blankets as requested by the client. Why: Furniture blankets are extremely important in ensuring that your items are packed safely for transport/delivery.
• Items needing special care like glass tops, flat-screen TVs, or high-value items like framed art and mirrors require special packaging. We will not move special care/high-value items without proper packaging or crating. Why: The best example would be flat-screen TVs. The safest way to transport is in a proper TV box or its original box to avoid any damage. Should you require EZ Moving LLC to move such items
without proper packaging, we will do our best to move them as safely as possible but therefore, we will not be held responsible for any kind of damage.
• Pots and plants will not be covered under any circumstance. Why: Every bump on the road could cause a breakage. Should you require EZ Moving LLC to move ceramic, porcelain, clay pots, or materials, we will do so in the safest way possible but we will not be held responsible for any kind of damage.